Savoury Bread Pudding Base
This is a versatile recipe that can be made with whatever you have in the fridge. I have listed a few of my favorite variations. I like it for Brunch in my house!
Write a review
- 6 Eggs
- 2 cups (500ml) Cream
- 1 tsp (5gr) Nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 cups Bread (day old), cubed
- Preheat oven to 350`
- Combine eggs and cream and seasonings
- Pour over cubed day old bread and let soak- this is the key!
- Bake for ½ hour or til puffed and golden
- Apple, Smoked Gouda and Bacon
- Combine chopped apples, grated cheese and chopped cooked bacon
- Ham, Garlic Gouda and Broccoli
- Diced ham, grated Garlic Gouda cheese and steamed broccoli flowerets
- Tomato, Basil and Pizza Gouda
- Diced tomatos, chopped fresh basil and pizza gouda give this an Italian twist!
Glasgow Glen Farm http://glasgowglenfarm.ca/