Cheeselady’s Red Chili Gouda Grilled Cheese and Smoked Bacon Sandwich
This blend of sweet, spicy and smoky all in a gooey grilled cheese.
Write a review
- 11/2 lbs sliced smoked bacon, cooked in whole slices and kept warm
- 2 lbs grated Cheeselady’s Red Chili Pepper Gouda
- 1 cup Apple Jelly
- 1/2 lb soft ADL butter
- 16 slices of your favourite brown bread
- Cover the counter with plastic wrap and lay your bread out in two rows of eight. Generously coat each slice in butter. Turn all the slices over so the dry side is facing up. Cover this side with a generous layer of apple jelly. Next cover every second slice with a layer of Red Chili Pepper Gouda. Place 6 slices of bacon on the Gouda and follow with one more layer of cheese. Place the remaining sliced jelly side down on top of the cheese. Now you should have eight complete sandwiches with butter on both the outsides.
- Heat a Panini grill and place each sandwich on the grill and close the lid. Cook for about 6 minutes until the outside is crisp and golden and the cheese is melted all the way through. If you don’t have a Panini grill you can use a griddle or frying pan but will have to carefully turn the sandwich over half way through cooking. This is not a sandwich for the light hearted but is amazing in the fall when the apples are falling and the jelly is on the stove.
Glasgow Glen Farm http://glasgowglenfarm.ca/